Text to Family:
Little
Cros is celebrating his one week birthday today!! I shook around and
made sure to give him a milkshake for this milestone.
Doc came by. Oxygen is gone! She just ordered blow by at feedings. He
just ate and his oxygen stayed at 97 or higher the whole 20 minute feed.
Also added a few more calories to his bottles just to be sure he keeps
growing/gaining weight.
Doc also said he doesn't need to be weighed before & after
breastfeeding and that his diapers don't need to be weighed any more -
just counted. Awesome news!!
This was the very conservative doc and she said "MAYBE 3 more days."
Today's nurse said she doesn't work again until Thursday so "she better
say goodbye today." Prayers that he will continue to eat well, gain weight, and wean off of
oxygen successfully. THANK YOU ALL! LOVE YOU!!!
Jaundice level is great. Oxygen was gone this morning, but is back now
(at the lowest level possible). Which sucks, but I do want our baby boy
to breathe so....
Also added a few more calories to his bottles just to be sure he keeps growing/gaining weight.
Also today: I had one of the NICU nurses give me a bio-hazard bag, bought some Carne Asada from Harmon's, took it home, and told Bryan it was my placenta and that I was planning on eating it. Fun joke. Lots of laughter.






No comments:
Post a Comment