Wednesday, April 20, 2016

March 27 - Easter 2016

Got dressed in our Easter best & took some family pics.

Funny story.  I told Andlie to "go get your shoes on."  Next thing I know, she's got her school boots/shoes on.  No.  So I tell her to "go change to your silver slip on shoes."  I didn't notice until after the pictures were taken that she assumed that that meant to put on her school slip on shoes.  Still not church appropriate, but now we have a fun story.  Sure love our happy (very literal) children!

I enjoyed Nursery with Nora today.  (Since she wouldn't let me leave without crying.)  I snapped a few pictures of her bossing the others around.  First she told everyone banging on the table to "shhhhhh," but then she realized it was a fun game and joined in!

Andlie & Hazey went on another Adventure Club adventure while Nora napped and I made our traditional Easter dinner: ham, cheesy taters, rolls, fruit salad, and corn followed by dessert of strawberry shortcake!  Delicious!

Sat around the table and had a family discussion about why we celebrate Easter.  Used our number eggs.  Each of the twelve eggs is numbered and each egg has something in it that talks about something that happened leading up to the atonement, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  We opened and talked about the significance of each egg.  And then Bryan & I bore our testimonies.  We finished by watching "Gethsemane" (a Primary song about the atonement).  An overwhelming, beautiful, sweet, happy spirit filled our home.  Andlie even said she thought maybe she was cold because she had the chills.  What a wonderful way to finish our Easter celebrations.

Happy Easter!!
 















No comments:

Post a Comment