Poor Andlie had a rough afternoon. She walked in the door at about 2:30 which really surprised me because she was supposed to have choir practice right after school until 3:15. But it was announced that choir was combined at 3:30 during school announcements this morning. I had no idea it had been changed. It was raining outside. Andlie walked out of school and didn't see anyone there to pick her up and then realized that the doors were locked once you went outside at school. (She forgot about the front doors.) So, she walked all the way home by herself in the cold rain. Except she ran because she was nervous.
After I gently explained that I don't want her walking home by herself and without me knowing, she burst in to tears. She was so sad! She was upset that she had done something I didn't like - even though she had no idea it was wrong! She was just upset by the entire situation. I scooped her in my arms and we hugged and she was able to calm down. Especially after she got some new earrings in the mail from Granny! All the way from Zion National Park! Granny got them for her for getting the Cougar Recognition Award and for scoring 3 goals last soccer game!

Meet my new dogs. They LOVE to play fetch the bone (AKA straw) from the
carpet. They bark and growl. And they named themselves. Left to Right:
Annie, Petty, Sienna. (Sienna also moonlights as a ninja.)

Poor Nora. Haze put all the beanbags on her bum and said, "Nora! Your diaper is huge!!!" Brothers....

No comments:
Post a Comment