Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 11 - Daddy's Homecoming

Heart monitor was off & mailed back this morning!  Hallelujah!

And we finally took the mustaches off of our family picture that Icabod left there in December!  Hazey tried one on real quick before we threw them away.

"I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!!!"
Our babies sure love when Daddy gets home at night.  He gets a greeting like this one almost every single night.

I snuck Andlie to Activity Days with me tonight.  We walked down to Riverwoods and got ice cream.  She held my hand for most of the way.  And it melted my heart.  We had lots of fun together!  I can't believe she'll really be in there in 8 months!

L to R: Emma H, Clara T, Elizabeth T, Lily B, McKyla S, McKayla G, Maria H, Andlie, Jane H, Mia L, Sister Baker

Tonight after we had tucked everyone in to bed, we heard Nora talking to herself in her bed.  It was about 10:15.  I couldn't resist and went and opened her door.  She immediately handed me her bink & said, "I want to wake up.  Can you turn my mi-fire (humidifier) off?"  I got her out and changed her bum and then I couldn't help it.  I got let her come back out with me.

She said, "Can I just hang out wuf you guys for a minute?  Because I not sleeping right now."  Duh.  The answer is yes.  Forever yes.  Daddy is a sucker too and scooped her right up and started reading princess books to her at her request.  She kept pointing at & describing pictures.  "Look at her dress.  That is a beautiful dress.  She's so pretty."  Daddy read three princess books to her and then she got down.  I asked if she wanted to come take the trash to the street with us and she said yes.  So we all went outside and she held my hand and we followed Daddy & the trash can to the street.  (Best little feeling in the world is to have a tiny hand holding yours.)  Nora was sure to point out the stars and moon and how cold it was.

And then we came back inside and gave kisses and hugs and sang songs and gushed over how cute she was and we all went to bed.  Wonderful way to end a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment