Thursday, February 4, 2016

January 30 - Daddy Dates

Saturday morning.  Our first Saturday in a few weeks that we didn't have one thing going on.  So we ate cinnamon rolls and played Guess Who in our jammies.

And then (because it was snowing pretty hard), we went to the library to get some new books!  Andlie is big enough now that she "shops" for books in the Intermediate section!  Oh my heck!  How do I have a little girl who is missing eight teeth and wants to check out chapter books at the library?!
 

When we got home, Nora went down for a nap and Daddy took Hazey on a special date to see "Kung Fu Panda 3."  Which means that Andlie & I were left to play all by ourselves.  I played "school" with my stuffed animals when I was little.  I'd line them all up and "teach" them.  And then when I turned 9ish, I started charging the neighborhood kids $2 each of 2 hours of "school" where I'd teach them about a chosen topic and we'd do a matching art project.  For reals.  And today, I got to play school with a real student!  My own daughter!  Andlie requested that we play and that I be the teacher.  I almost squealed.  And I had fun every second we played.  And so did she.  She giggled a lot.  And she was such a good student!  The subjects we touched on were:

Reading/Comprehension: I told her a story and then quizzed her.
Math: We used blocks show tens and ones and I gave her a quiz.
Reading: I read one of her chapter books to her and asked her to draw something from the chapter.
Spelling: I gave her a spelling test with five words. 
Writing: We wrote our names in the air with our bums!
PE: We did an exercise video from YouTube.
Art: We made a butterfly with construction paper and tissue paper.

The book we are reading ("Clementine") is pretty funny.  I loved reading it.  It has a lot of humor - for kids and adults. Page 22 was one of my favorites.

After Hazey & Daddy got home, I took Hazey & Nora to get gas & some groceries.  I was so proud of filling up my tank for $15.07!

Daddy took Andlie to a BYU game!  She had so much fun!  So much.  She loved watching everything/everyone!  Our kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment