Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 8 - Outside

Cute Hazey snuggled with me in my bed this morning.  He reached his little hand over and rested it on my arm.  And my heart melted.

Nora asked to "watch the dancers" this morning.  I assumed she was referring to the Super Bowl half time show, so that's what I found for her.  I guess I was right because she started giggling and glued herself to the iPad as soon as I set it on the bench.

We saw a whole flock of birds this morning on our errand run!  Haze said, "Mom, I think those birds are at preschool.  I think that one is the bird teacher.  What do you think all their names are, Mom?"

We've been feeling cooped up lately!  So today, we went to the park!  There was still several inches of snow on the ground and on the slides, but that didn't stop us from having some outside fun!

We went to one park and did everything we could there and then Haze requested to go to the "blue park" by our house so we did!  And then we did everything we could there!  And we still weren't done outside, so we went on an adventure!  Haze was the leader and helped us get out our hand binoculars and then we found some sticks!  (Thank goodness for those binos.)  Then we drew in the snow with our sticks and started walking on paths in the snow.  Before I knew it, our leader had led us home!  We left our car at the park!  Which meant we had to go back after Andlie got home from school.  So we did.  And we played some more!  It felt good to everyone to be outside!  Can't wait until Spring!



We've been putting the big kids to bed a little bit earlier at night since they have to/choose to wake up earlier.  They go to bed at 8.  But Nora wakes up from her nap at 6ish.  So she gets to stay up until 9 at night.  We've been having a lot of fun - just Mommy, Daddy, and Nora - at night.  Tonight we read stories.  And Nora was just as cute as ever describing everything on each page to us.  My favorite line that she said was, "Kitties!  Oh, they cute.  I love him."  (While petting the page.)  She's a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment