Friday, December 16, 2016

December 15 - TWO Lost Teeth

Icabod's Hiding Spot: Today he hid in our living room blinds and left some Christmas tree treat cakes for us!


Family Calendar: Today's activity was to take teacher gifts to school and co-worker gifts to work.


This afternoon, Haze came running up the stairs with a bright red, panicked face and shouted, "MOM! I LOST MY TOOTH!" Once I celebrated with him, he calmed down and was smiling instead of freaking, I asked where his tooth was. "I don't know." "When did you lose it?" "I don't know." [Laughter...] "I think you swallowed your tooth!" [Giggles!!!!]



We had to take a trip to the doctor's office this afternoon so that Cros could get his 2nd (of five) Synagis shot. While we were sitting in the waiting room, it hit me - we have FOUR kids. Four beautiful, wonderful, adorable, perfect kids. Andlie was totally focused on her homework binder and doing her math worksheet. Haze was watching the movie and matching the dogs from the movie to the dogs in his book. Nora was intently watching the show and holding on to her "purse" full of princesses and miscellaneous items that she insisted on bringing in her sparkly shoes, sparkly pants, and sparkly shirt. Cros was sucking on his hands like he'd never eaten before and looking at the butterflies on his car seat handle. And I was just watching it all and smiling.


Crosby weighs a whopping 13 pounds, 12 ounces and is now in the 97th percentile (adjusted) for weight! He's almost 24 inches long and in the 92nd percentile (adjusted) for height! Cute boy was so happy and even smiled for the nurse! While we waited for the doc, he just happily talked to the walls. It wasn't until the nurse gave him his shot that he got sad. Good job, Cros!



And then, something happened! I forced Haze to pull out his other loose tooth! He has been having inner turmoil all day long! He's wanted me to pull it so bad and then he's gotten nervous and backed out and then cried because we didn't pull it out and cried because I said we didn't have to and then cried because I said I would. So tonight, I made him pull it out. I said, "Just close your eyes and open your mouth and I'll get it ready for Dad to pull it out." He said, "I DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO!!!" But he obliged. And I yanked. And the tooth stayed put. So I yanked again and it popped out! By Nora was screaming and crying by this point and so was Haze. As soon as he bit down on the TP, swished some water, and snuggled for a bit, he was proud and so happy to have his tooth out!


Super Kids! Flying on Momma's feet!




I took a new Facebook profile picture tonight. LOVE this shirt.

 

Light the World: Jesus worshiped through song and so can you. Tonight I sang several Christmas Hymns before tucking the kids in to bed. It was easy because it's something we do every night before bed. I asked the kids what their favorite Primary song was. Andlie's is "Praise to the Man." Haze's is "Child of God." Nora's is also "Child of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment