Andlie wants this jacket for school more than she wants anything in her whole life! She was so sad to have to put it back on the rack. I told her we'd come get it when it went on sale.
She loves it because:
It is breezy green - her favorite color!
It has holes for her thumbs!
It "fits her perfectly"!
She "looks so cute" in it!

Pertaining to the shovel picture, here is the text I sent to Bryan:
You might be wondering why I am sending you a picture of 2 garden shovels. Let me tell you.
Andlie yelled that she needed more toilet paper from the bathroom.
Confused because I just changed the roll this morning, I
went in. The entire new roll of toilet paper was in the toilet. With a
giant 7 year old's poo sitting on top. Like an over-sized cherry on top
of soaked toilet paper cake.
Well. Garden shovels it is. First to scoop out Andlie's
poop log. Then to scoop the toilet paper soaked in pee for a nice touch.
You better believe it took two walks away from the bathroom to catch my
breath and about five gags from my toes and some tears from Andlie to
get the job done. Meanwhile, Haze was on the couch saying that this was
making his tummy hurt and trying to force me to narrate through my
boisterous gags.
We got it out. I mean I did. Andlie and Haze very willingly
wiped the floor with Clorox wipes. (Probably because they had assumed
by this point that I was going to die a slow, gagging & heavy
breathing death at any moment.) And then I took the shovels out to spray
off and sun dry. Hoping the sun burns off the shit germs.
Oh and this event was immediately following (like 3 minutes) a bout of Nora not QUITE making it to pee in the potty.
And that's why I'm sending a picture of 2 garden shovels.
Cheers.

Nora's little butt cheeks. I mean. I can't get enough of her tiny little bum in princess underwear.

Haze & Andlie did laps around the house for fun tonight. Because he did so good, Andlie drew a picture of a trophy and wrote "brother" on Haze's arm!

Well. Bryan set up our tent on our front lawn last tonight and managed to fit 5 sleeping bags in there.
We ate donuts and licorice in our camping chairs in our driveway under the light of the moon.
We played Uno in the tent lit by our Coleman lantern. It was just like camping in the mountains. Exactly.
We visited and giggled until about 10:30 when Andlie and
Haze started to drift off. Meanwhile Nora sang made up songs and twirled
around in her sleeping bag and talked about the most recent movie we
watched and giggled and put her feet where they didn't belong. I brought
her in to her bed around midnight when she was showing absolutely no
sign of slowing down.
Andlie lasted until 3:30 when I heard her come in to pee. I
had her come to my room & she told me "I'm cold and the sprinklers
are on and Daddy and Hazey are snoring sometimes." I asked if she wanted
to come in and she was already halfway down the stairs headed to bed
before I could finish.
After she got tucked in I went outside and helped a wide
awake Bry bring our pillows and glasses in while he carried sound asleep
Haze to his bed.
The moral of the story is that we are city slickers and
Haze is the only one in our family who can hang in a tent all night. The
end.


No comments:
Post a Comment