Woke up this morning at 7:20 to a blaring noise. Like not a high-pitched noise. Not a kid noise. Just a weird, hideous noise. Went searching around our house for fire alarms. Pulled the doorbell apparatus off the wall. Unplugged the washer & dryer. Nope. Nope. Nope. Finally figured out that it was the stupid old smoke detector going berserk in the hallway. Damn smoke detector. Of course it was on our day off.

Nora found Andlie's old Cinderella dress up shoes yesterday. They're about four sizes too big, but they light up and have Cinderella bows on them. That means that Nora is in love with them. I assure you that they will be on her feet every day for as long as they fit her feeties.

We went to the doctor this afternoon. Andlie went for her 7 year well-check. She is growing really well! She's tall and skinny and perfect in every way! She did get in a little bit of trouble by the doc when he asked, "Do you eat your veggies?" She had to answer no and he told her she needed to! After some nose scrunching and giggling, she agreed. She got out of the office without any shots today!
Haze didn't have an exam. He just came with us and got 2 of his Kindergarten shots! He was SO BRAVE. He didn't fight us when it was his turn to get up on the table. He held still and held Daddy's hands. He cried when the shots went in, but was VERY brave.
Nora went for her 2 year well-check. She hated every minute. She started crying the minute I took her clothes off. Not a small cry. An "I'm super angry you brought me here and you're going to pay" kind of a cry. She hated being naked and demanded that I put her Cinderella shoes back on. And her jacket. And that I give her a sucker. She got one shot. She saw the nurse come in with a Princess Anna band-aid on her finger for after the shots and said (through tears), "Anna band-aid. I want it. I need it right now." She winced at the shot, but was pretty much okay once she had that band-aid and another sucker. What an eventful way to spend our afternoon off! Thankful for good doctors and healthy kids.

![]() |
| Pretending to be the doctor. He said, "Hello, how can I help you today?" |
Andlie loves when we put the pull up bar in our doorway. She is a swinging monkey every time. I secretly love it because I remember doing the exact same thing on my Dad's bar when I was little. Sometimes it's weird that I'm the Mom now.....










No comments:
Post a Comment